Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014/2015 Revision Schedule

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BCERBimMan
1292 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2014/2015 Revision Schedule

Good afternoon,

I am working with an architect on getting their Revision Schedule to match our overall clients standards and we are having some issues. First off the information needs to fit within the first images lines and we cannot change the row height. When we change to the font we need, the text is outside of the allotted sections. We have defiined a specific font style for the schedule text, but it doesn't matter what width factor we use, it always displays at 1.0.

Revisions.jpg shows no spacing.

Revisions2.jpg shows a different font not fitting.

revisionsprop.jpg shows our revision schedule settings.

Jason Peckovitch
BIM Manager | Mechanical CAD Design | Father | Car/Tech Guy
BCER Engineering Inc - Denver, CO
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BCERBimMan
in reply to: BCERBimMan

Here is the last image I made, it is the text test. The text above the TB is the same font used in the schedule displaying the width factor. The revision schedule is not showing the width factor.

Jason Peckovitch
Message 3 of 8
rosskirby

This may be a silly question, but why not just turn on the grid lines in the revision schedule?  Then each revision will be bounded equally by the grid lines.  It looks as if you're trying to create the revision schedule data and the grid separately.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 8
BCERBimMan
in reply to: rosskirby

Because the titleblock from the end client cannot change and will eventually be exported to AutoCAD. While working in Revit though, it needs to look correct for prints/submittals.

Jason Peckovitch
Message 5 of 8
rosskirby

That's too bad, because there's no way to manually change the line spacing in schedules, so you're stuck with trial and error trying to find a text size that's close enough to get the spacing you want, although you're probably going to be out of luck.  In this case, it might be easier to make it a manual shared parameter (for the revision info) plus a visibility parameter (to turn each line on/off) in the titleblock.  In the project file, you can either make it an instance or type parameter, depending upon whether you want the revision info to show up on all sheets, or just the sheets where that revision occurs.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 6 of 8
BCERBimMan
in reply to: rosskirby

I think we just decided to add text in the titleblock for that information, this way it shows up on all sheets without having to add parameters and such. Quick and easy but not the most ideal.

Jason Peckovitch
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I have just discovered this bug. No amount of text style width modification in the title block family editor has any effect in the actual project. This is a problem. I even tried a text width of 0.1 and no effect. 

Message 8 of 8
tony.crawford
in reply to: Anonymous

Yah, I found the same thing. 

I did a bit of testing today with different titleblocks in Revit 2015 and 2016.

The basic results were that in Revit 2016

-- it all worked. I could change to a non-standard font in my text types and the Revision Schedule would use that new font (Custom TrueType font, added to Windows 10). The font, its size AND the Font Width Factor would be correct in the Rev Schedule. 

in Revit 2015 

-- Using the new font would work fine as Text. But in the Revision Schedule it would only update the font and its size. The font Width Factor would NOT display correctly in the Rev Schedule. 

Hope this helps anyone else running into a similar issue! 

Let us know if you find any different results or a work around. 

..FWIW: I'll attach the PDF of the sheet I used for testing. It's sloppy, but it shows the updated font in the Revision Schedule. 

--------------------------------------
Self-proclaimed Revit MEP Ninjaneer : @RevitDork
Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report