Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 won't work correctly when installed on a Macbook Pro Retina

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
3916 Views, 24 Replies

Revit 2013 won't work correctly when installed on a Macbook Pro Retina

Please could someone help me? I have just bought a Macbook Pro Retina and I have installed Windows 7 Professional using Boot Camp. I then downloaded and installed Revit 2013. When I open a file in Revit, the 2 drop down menu's at the bottom of the page continuously flicker (shown by the arrows on the attached screen shot). Also, the ribbon menu across the top the screen and the menu down the left hand side don't show up (this can also be seen in the screen shot), unless I hover the cursor over the menu.

Please note: I have tried disabling the "Use Hardware Acceleration" option, but this doesn't fix the issue. Also, I have the Update Release 2 installed, which is currently the latest version.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I desperately need Revit working for my Uni work.

Thanks very much in advance.    

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
dzanta
in reply to: christopher.kotmel

Still sounds lke the Boot Camp or Parallel Desktop software is limiting your RAM usage.  There should be a setting within these apps that will allow you to increase the amount of RAM usage.

You may also double check to verify the graphics card in your laptop is Autodesk compliant to run Revit Architecture 2013

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

I had the very same problem, my solution worked with the resolution.  The hierachy is as follows..

1) Parallels Configuration>Video>Resolution>Scaled

(This is the main problem I had, if you leave this in the default setting of Best for Retina, in Windows it will always change no matter what personalization setting you chage)

2) Windows>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Text size at smallest 

(Medium or Large did not work for me)

3) WIndows>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Resolution

(Anythin over 1600x1200 worked for me)

It had to be in this order, or settings kept changing for me.  I use Windows 8 with Revit 2014.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

ok, the steps of makink the text smaller makes it work better but there is still a problem of this very small text, any further solutions?

Message 24 of 25
BIMologist_

try this please

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/REVIT-2014-ON-WINDOWS-8-1/m-p/5130090#M80156

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 25 of 25
Anonymous

Its because your retina screen, you have to set windows on 1920x1200 or less, then it will work properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report