Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 to Revit 2014 File Upgrade

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bhopkins17
1369 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2013 to Revit 2014 File Upgrade

Hi guys,

I'm having a serious problem trying to upgrade my files from Revit 2013 to Revit 2014.  

When trying to upgrade a file I keep getting the error "Cannot create continuous rail geometry.", I have attached a screen shot of the error below for reference).  It seems that Revit is having some difficulty is upgrading stair geometry from the 2013 version to the 2014 version.

This specific project must be used for at least a decade to come and will be going through continuous upgrade cycles.  Does anyone know where I can go, or what I can do that will allow me to upgrade to 2014?  Is there the possibility of sending this file to Autodesk for the upgrade?

Thank you

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MKEllis
in reply to: bhopkins17

Hi,

There's no image attached.

Having said that, personally I would open it in 2013 (if you still have it installed), and remove the offending railing, and remodel it in 2014 after updating the rest of the file (Assuming there is no other errant geometry). Not ideal, but at least it should enable you to get the rest of the model into 2014.

Message 3 of 3
damo3
in reply to: bhopkins17

Most of the time, upgrades are seemless, but sometimes as you have discovered, things dont run so smoothly and recreating geometry is necessary evil, but before i do this, i always send to autodesk. They have tricked up versions and can usually help with stubborn files.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report