Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Snapping Problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
muratcan6
523 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2013 Snapping Problem

Hello.

I have a problem with snapping on revit 2013. Even all the snapping options are selected it it not possible to put a column to a right place on an exported autocad dwg file ( i always have to adjust the positions of the columns with align but i know it can be done without align , some of my friends can make proper snapping on imported autocad dwg file without align). 

It only snaps grids and center axes of beams. Moreover it is not possible to make 3D snapping too. How can i fix it , thank u ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BIMgirl
in reply to: muratcan6

There are often strange issues with linked / imported CAD files whose extents are larger than the 20 miles which Revit supports. This can happen if the origin in AutoCAD is very far away from the drawing elements or if you have other elements far away from the drawing.
You should check this in AutoCAD and eventually edit the file. If possible, it's always good to select visible elements from the original file and then insert it into a new dwg using the coordinates 0,0,0
This way you can make sure that you 're linking a clean DWG in Revit with its origin on the right place and without unneeded elements.
Lejla Secerbegovic - Architect and Revit Expert
http://bim-me-up.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report