Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 says it's installed but it's not...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
2374 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2013 says it's installed but it's not...

Basically what happened was:

I installed Revit 2013 but installation said it was complete but had errors, Revit wouldn't open nor uninstall so I've delete very autodesk file on my laptop and tried again but keeps saying it's installed.

This is becoming an issue as I have a course work deadline in 2 weeks and my brand new laptop can't get Revit 2013 on it.

EDIT: Although, noticed I can install Revit Architectre 2013, oly ever used standard Revit, is there much difference?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
in reply to: 1208845

Is there a software or method of completely removing Autodesk items from a computer as I think I've just "bricked" my laptop for future use with Revit if Architecture version doesn't work either.

Message 3 of 11
drp281

there are 3rd party tools
or try searching autodesk website for uninstalling manually
Message 4 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: drp281

Here's a direct link to our un-install procedure and another corresponding to an AutodeskHelp blog post which details a few 3rd party (unsupported) tools.

Message 5 of 11
VOSO

I had very similar problem, it is solved itself when I have chosen update option before installation and downloaded latest service pack. Just press Revit on installation page, a menu appear to do customized installation with option to download latest service pack.

I hope that will help you too.

Regards

Message 6 of 11

Thanks, I'll have a look as of now, I've successfully installed Revit Architecture 2012 instead, WOOHOO.... Although will attempt to uninstall as I don't like the fact I no longer have the option to reinstall/actually remove Revit 2013 from my laptop.

Message 7 of 11
throllwar
in reply to: drp281

what can i do revit software for installation
Message 8 of 11
throllwar

what can i do revit
Message 9 of 11
throllwar

delete every date in revit software but i can installing and this is installing software but u can install revit libery what can i do
Message 10 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: throllwar

Hi throllwar and welcome to the forums!

Could you please give us more details on what kind of installation issues you are having with Revit? do you see any error messages and, if so, could you post a screenshot of the error message here?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 11
piadelacruz

This has been a problem for me for a while since I've been installing and uninstalling Revit 2014 (due to problems regarding missing families and contents and very misleading solutions to this problem).

So my solution is:

Step 1:

1) Open Local Disk (C:)

2) Press F10

3) Click View

4) Tick "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

5) And un-tick these three:

a) Hide empty drivers in the Computer folder

b) Hide extensions for known file types

c) Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

*it will prompt a Warning, just click Yes

6) Click Apply then Ok

Step 2:

1) If you are trying to install again and have done clean install in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs yet this problem persist then the missing files are hiding in the "Program Data" folder

2) Once you click this, all uninstalled programs are here, simple delete these folders for example the "Autodesk" folder. 

3) After deleting, do the F10 process again to hide these important hidden folders and files.

4) Download CCleaner (https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download) which helps in cleaning your computer safely. 

5) Run the cleaner (this will remove all web browser memories including cookies, passwords etc. and clean out recycle bin completely)

6) After cleaning, go to Registry (still in CCleaner) and "Scan for Issues". Make sure all boxes are checked. Then "Fix selected issues" this will clean all excess baggage in your computer. 

*It will prompt you to backuo the unwanted registries. Its up to you to save them, but I suggest don't. Fix all Selected Issues and there you have it no more programs or files regarding Autodesk Revit 2013.

FINAL STEP: Run the installer again. If it doesn't work then I don't know anymore 😞

Hope this helps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report