Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Relocating Elevation Tag

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
00jengland00
11532 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2013 Relocating Elevation Tag

A coworker believes an elevation tag can be placed in plan view A, but can be moved in plan view B without relocating it in plan view A.  My experience...move an elevation tag in one view and it will be relocated in all views.  Is there a way to have two different locations but reference the same elevation?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 00jengland00

The only way I know of to do that would be to hide the eleation reference in one of the views and then insert an elevation set up to reference the original view. The reference symbol could then be moved independently of the symbol for the actual elevatiion in that view.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 11
CoreyDaun

Model elements exist in the model's database, and each can be visible from one or more Views depending on the visibility settings of the Views. This means that if you were to move a model element in one View, it is moved in the database and therefore reflected in all other Views.

Annotation Elements (such as Tags) behave in a different way, and instead are associated with the particular View in which it was created. So if an elevation Tag is placed in one View, it does not exist in other Views. Even two Tags that are associated with the same model element in different Views have no association with each other.

Exceptions:

- if a model element is moved, all associated Tags in all Views are moved along with it.

- if using Dependent Views, annotation elements are shared amongst the 'family' of Dependent Views, meaning that any Tags that are placed (or moved or deleted) in one View will also exist in all related Views.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 11
David_W_Koch
in reply to: CoreyDaun

@Anonymous wrote:

...Annotation Elements (such as Tags) behave in a different way, and instead are associated with the particular View in which it was created. So if an elevation Tag is placed in one View, it does not exist in other Views. Even two Tags that are associated with the same model element in different Views have no association with each other.

Exceptions:

- if a model element is moved, all associated Tags in all Views are moved along with it.

- if using Dependent Views, annotation elements are shared amongst the 'family' of Dependent Views, meaning that any Tags that are placed (or moved or deleted) in one View will also exist in all related Views.

Another exception:  if an Elevation object's extents are such that it spans multiple views - such as an elevation that shows multiple floor levels - then the tag associated with that Elevation object will be visible in all of the floor plan views (assuming that elevation tags are visible and no object view overrides are used to hide the tag) that that Elevation object crosses and the tag in each will be in the same location in each.  Move the tag in one plan view, it moves in all plan views.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Base12
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Did the answers here address the initial question? I found this thread looking for a way to move only the tag (that is, the annotation object) around in plan view without changing the actual view (the view line) it is creating.

For example, I build the conceptual model complete with plan and elevation views, etc and then later when I annotate I discover that the Elevation tag is in the way and need to move it... but don't want the view that it creates to change.  I just want to move the tag, not the view line... and trying to move it "back" into exactly the same place after moving the tag is a disaster for annotation and detail lines, etc already created in the view.

It seems there should be a way to this?  I realize it "is" Revit, but still... ??  Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Bah, never mind - it was painfully obvious - I got it.

Message 6 of 11
00jengland00
in reply to: Base12

I have not found a way to move the tag in one view only.
Message 7 of 11

They don't do that. The earlier replies do explain their behavior.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 8 of 11
wisedrawing

So 7 years on has this issue been fixed?

its very difficult to set up a floor plan with the elevation tags in a proper position and then work the site plan and location plan so that they are also in the best laid out position - on a site plan you need to be able to move them away from the building re contours, trees and driveways.

Any way this can be done i.e. shift and elevation tag in site plan whilst leaving the floor plan tabs in place and not affecting the elevations?

Message 9 of 11
arch.bolgov

My case!

U need to make correction in family: Elevation tag has fam. in fam. structure. Main family mast be "body", and this family must  contains some-thing(any elements) to be selected from revit project as TAG, unlike the actually facades model  view plane. Nested family, in turn, must be "Pointer", this family responsible for selecting fasades model view plane.

In my case, body family contain only pointer family, and I needed to draw anything to be able to select actually TAG, and move it separately from cutting facades view plane.

Screenshot 2021-06-01 171103.png

Screenshot 2021-06-01 171154.png

  

Tags (4)
Message 10 of 11
arch.bolgov
in reply to: wisedrawing

see my solution below!
Message 11 of 11
arch.bolgov

See my solution below!) Or above XD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report