Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2013 MODIFY EDIT RIBBON INCORRECT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yilin
3866 Views, 3 Replies

REVIT 2013 MODIFY EDIT RIBBON INCORRECT

In Revit 2013, when I select an model element, the modify tab ribbon do not show the correct edit features.  For example, when I select the floor, instead of getting the floor edit features, I get the dimension edit features.  I have to cycle thru the ribbons using the little button on the upper right in order to get to show correctly every time I select a different element.

INCORRECT_MODIFY_EDIT_RIBBON.png

have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the software, opening &  closing revit as well as rebooting my computer.  Nothing works.  Anyone have an idea how to solve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: yilin

Do you have .NET Framework 4.5 installed? Windows 8 and .NET Framework 4.5 are not supported for Revit 2013. But this is fixed in the Update Release.

Have you installed tha latest update of Revit Architecture 2013? The latest is Update Release 3.

You can download the update here.

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 3 of 4
yilin
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

I use Windows 7 so I don't think thats a problem.  I tried installing the update, but it didn't work.  I think it's because my Revit 2013 is loaded on an alternate D Drive since my C drive is full. 😞 Any work arounds you know of for installing the update?

Message 4 of 4
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: yilin

Windows 7 with .Net Framework 4.5. also has similar problem. Not only Windows 8.

I'm not aware if there's any other way to install an update. 

Did you download the correct update? 32bit or 64bit? 

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report