Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

swyoung10
Message 1 of 2 (4,224 Views)

REVIT 2013 - edit boundary, finish sketch buttons missing

4224 Views, 1 Replies
11-06-2012 08:59 PM

I am encountering issues with the "edit boundary" tab on the ribbon, as well as "finish sketch" when the edit boundary tab DOES show up.  i don't know how to finish the sketch without this, so i have to undo everything.  i have seen other posts related to this issue, but none of the solutions resolved anything for me.  does anyone have a suggestion or solution on how to fix this?

thanks.

*Expert Elite*
ccollins
Message 2 of 2 (4,212 Views)

Re: REVIT 2013 - edit boundary, finish sketch buttons missing

11-07-2012 05:44 AM in reply to: swyoung10

We have also run into this, and I have found a few workarounds.

1. Try hitting the black Save button -- this will sometimes return the ribbon back to normal.

2. Check the version of .NET your computer is running--if you are using Revit 2012 and have a version of .NET higher than 4.0, it will cause ribbon problems.

3. Use a keyboard shortcut such as FS (Finish Sketch), FG (Finish Group), etc.

4. Try unchecking all the boxes in View>User Interface, then re-check them.

If you are using Revit 2013, be sure to install Update 2, as it has apparently fixed the ribbon problem.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.