Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 crashes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cradich
1195 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2013 crashes

I have a problem with Revit 2013 crashing after I use it for a couple of minutes. The message reads "Autodesk Revit has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  I don't seem to have the issue with Revit 2012.

Any ideas to check out?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: cradich

Welcome to the discussion!

First thing I would check is do you have all the service packs installed?

Updates

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
cradich

Hi Lisa, I do have UR1 and 2 installed. The other box that pops up is" An unrecoverable error has occurred. The program will now be terminated. All of your data has recently been saved so there is no need to create recovery files. Charlie Radich AIA Pappas & Pappas Architects 2617 E. Lincolnway, Suite A Cheyenne, WY 82001 307/637-5227 307/638-1461 Fax cradich@pappasarchitects.com
Message 4 of 6
LisaDrago

Does a window pop up to report it to Autodesk? 

If so - have you sent it in? It is important and they really do read them. A detailed description is always best.

Is it the same file? Or different files?

Have you tried using the file on a different computer?

Have you run an Audit on the file?

I know it is a lot of questions - but just trying to narrow it down a bit.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 6
cradich
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa: Yes, a window pops up and yes I've sent multiple reports back to them outlining steps I was doing. At present this occurs on the same project but different files. I've had this issue on different projects. I have not audited the files. I have not used this on a different computer.
Message 6 of 6
cesar

I got the same issue for a few weeks, playing with Graphic card settings, acceleration or drivers did not work. My solution was to uninstall/remove all Microsoft .NET framework in my computer thru the control panel\program and features. After that when to microsoft.com to get and install .NET framework version 4.5.2. Revit is working fine since then. I always get a message to update to .NET framework 4.6.1, but I am still afraid of getting into the same crashing errors so I am leaving this update out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report