Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 and rotated Photometric Web

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Peter_S.
1066 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2013 and rotated Photometric Web

Hello all,

I am currently testing the Revit 2013 trial and I encountered a strange phenomenon, cf. attached image.

Short explanation: Obviously all light sources of area lights are rotated 90° for rendering purposes. Do I miss something or is this a bug?

Regards,
Pete

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
LisaDrago
in reply to: Peter_S.

What component are you using?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 9
Peter_S.

Hello Lisa,

if you mean with "component" a family, then I can say it's all about "Loadable Families" which was created for testing purposes. And here we are, if it looks correctly in Family Editor then the rendering is wrong. If we do it wrong on purpose in Family Editor (90° rotation like in the rendering) then the result is that the rendering is OK!

I have currently no access to the workstation were trial is installed so I can't give you more screenshots, but I think you can easily control by yourself that there is something going wrong.

Regards,
Pete

Message 4 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

There are several settings that play a role in this case. What is the current setting of the distribution of the light? Is it linear, or rectangle? Depending on these choices, you see a different set of parameters in the the family types window, including the dimensions of the rectangle, visibility, etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 9
Peter_S.

I am not a Revit Expert but I thought that the image shows clearly that I am talking about a "rectangle".

I am wondering if just we have the phenomenon if the following is set in Family Editor:

light source = Rectangle

light distribution = Photometric Web

(correct) Rectangle Width = etc.1200mm

(correct) Rectangle Lenght = etc. 310mm

Emit Shape Visible in Rendering = true

And exactly the "Emit Shape" (a self-luminous surface) is _always_ rendered with a 90° rotation what I suppose to be not correct.

Please confirm that I understood correctly or that this is a Revit bug.

Message 6 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Can you upload the .rvt file, containing just what is seen in the image?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 9

Hi has there been any resolution to this issue? I have exact same problem and is embarrasing and frustrating expecially when your adjusting exposure levels with the client looking over your shoulder. rotated90.jpg

Message 8 of 9
JM_K
in reply to: joshua.lumley

Joshua,

Did you ever get a resoluton to this issue?

Insert witty comment here.
Message 9 of 9
Yorx57
in reply to: JM_K

2 years later on Revit 2015 and I'm having the exact same problem!!  If the IES is orientated correctly in the family, it Renders 90° off.  If I purposely rotate the the IES web 90° off in the family, it then renders correctly! 

Has there STILL been no answer and obviously, a fix????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report