Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ANT2080771
408 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2012

I just download my Revit 2012 and the Project Browser does not show options for Elevations and Sections.

It only shows Floor Plan and Ceiling Plans.

When trying to bring Windows or Door, it says it is not loaded. It asking if I want load it. Well! The next step has 20 something options but nothing to do with Windows or Doors.

How to get out of this Nightmare?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
lostagain
in reply to: ANT2080771

NOOB answering a NOOB - please jump in if you know more about this than me (and I bet you do).

I think you may have started a project without any elevations or sections present. If you cut a section (View > Create > Section) , the project browser will add that category with the newly created section.

I also think you have no windows or doors loaded. You need to load one from the library (Insert > Load from Library > Load Family > (doors subdirectory of library that I can't direct you to, sorry) > pick one). Then you may be asked if you want to load a tag, don't bother at this point.

I'm not sure that's the end of the nightmare. Embrace the nightmare.

Message 3 of 11
fnbwimp

Hi,i have a problem here.

I build an object using revit 2012.Then when I try to load it as rfa file,it cant be loaded.

how can I load the object into revit family,so that i can used the object in any building that i build?

Message 4 of 11
lostagain
in reply to: fnbwimp

Try dragging and dropping the file from Explorer right into the project view you want to place it in. Does that work?

Message 5 of 11
ANT2080771

Thank for your Help! But; I tried it before going to those steps and it goes to Program and in there I have 20 options but none of them has to do with components (Dooor, window, skylight, etc.). I cannot find the path to download those items.

Message 6 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

You say that you are in a nightmare. Just curious, have you had any basic training before starting to use Revit?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 11
ANT2080771
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I took classes and got the tutorial book that has a CD exercises. Trained for about 6 months.

I did not had this kind issue. It looks like the download 2012 Revit did not load 100%.

Message 8 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

The lack of families might have something to do with the dowload being incomplete, yes, but the lack of sections and elevation views simply means that there are not any views of that kind yet in the current project. Also, it probably indicates that Revit is not starting with one of the default templates. Maybe you need to try a new installation.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 9 of 11
ANT2080771
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Yes! About the Template. Because when open Revit and select Imperial; one message says "your selected template is not correct". The problem is that it never gave the chance to select one and open the drawing ....then just issues that do not go away. It took about 8 hrs to download it, I guess I need to do it again!

Message 10 of 11
lostagain

ANT2080771: I'm afraid I've offered all the knowledge I have! Maybe Alfredo has further advice.

I would add one more thing: asking your question in this thread (instead of a separate one you started) may result in nobody noticing your question.

Good luck and sorry I couldn't resolve your issue.

Message 11 of 11
ANT2080771
in reply to: lostagain

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report