Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 takes forever to save

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jim.lemon
957 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2012 takes forever to save

Since installing Revit Architecture 2012 we have found that even the smallest models take forever to save. It looks like the save completes quickly (by the percentage bar at the lower left corner of the screen) but then the title bar says that it is not responding and it takes several (literal) minutes to come back from the circle of torment. We've also had some Microsoft updates lately that cause us to lose one of our monitors occasionally. Related? Grasping at straws here but the wait while saving is painful.

Configuration in case it will help:

Dell Precision 690

Dual Xeon X5355's

SAS HDs

Dual NVidia Quadro FX 4600's

Win 7 64bit w/ all the latest updates

Files are being saved on an HP MSA 12Tb Array connected to an HP Server running Server 2008

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: jim.lemon

do you have update 1 installed: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=16841348

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
TorgEng
in reply to: jim.lemon

Found it! I was having the same problem in Civil 3D. The culprit is a system variable: SAVEFIDELITY. I set it to 0 and I'm back in business. It was literally taking over 1/2 hour to save a drawing to my desktop (brand new x64).  WARNING: If you need to keep backward compatibility with 2007 or earlier versions, you may not want to do this. See the article where I got the answer: http://www.dailyautocad.com/2011/03/is-it-taking-too-long-to-save-drawings.html

Message 4 of 8
rosskirby
in reply to: TorgEng

This is the Revit forum, not AutoCAD.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 8
TorgEng
in reply to: rosskirby

Right, but they're both Autodesk and share some of the same programming. Does Revit not have the global parameter SAVEFIDELITY?

Message 6 of 8
rosskirby
in reply to: TorgEng

Revit doesn't even have a command line.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

revit is not autocad

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
TorgEng

Hm, that's too bad... Sorry for the confusion I thought it did!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report