Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 - Room color fills make the edges of transparent elements invisible

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ericsimon9117
5037 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2012 - Room color fills make the edges of transparent elements invisible

We used to set furniture and fixtures to "Transparent" in views with room color fills so that furniture would not show as white areas on the plans.

Now, color fills block transparent elements entirely in the viewport, but they look the same as they used to when they print. Changing the furniture to "Ghost Surface" makes it display in the viewport the way "Transparent" used to (and the way "Transparent" prints now), but plots at 30% transparency (the way it should appear in the viewport).

Not convenient.

Does someone know how to make it show correctly in the viewport (ie the way it used to)?

Color fill is set to "Background"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: ericsimon9117

I could reproduce this behavior exactly as described between Revit 2011 and Revit 2012.  While the transparent elements still print as expected, they are completely covered by the room color fill when upgraded to Revit 20112:

Image Example: http://screencast.com/t/hFvDbHjC9s

There is a similar case logged with the development team, which I have appended with this scenario. I am looking to gather some additional information from the team and will update this discussion group thread when available.

Thank you for posting about this issue.

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
djstein
in reply to: ryan.duell

Any news on this?

I use the colour fills as a shortcut way to show my floor finishes, then I just make a room schedule that schedules the rooms sorted by floor finish and it gives me total m² for each floor finish type.

At the moment all my views in 2012 show the floor finish patterns over the top of all my plumbing fixtures and casework (color fills are set to background) but they do print the way I want with my casework etc over the top of the colour fill.

This is making it hard to work on as I need to keep doing test print preview to double check my rooms look correct.

Please advise when this is fixed or a work around?

Thanks

Joe Banks.

Mode Design.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
wesmacaulay-chpa
in reply to: djstein

So - this wasn't fixed in either Web Update 1 or Web Update 2.  Do we have to wait till the release of Revit 2013??  This is really going to suck for presentation views...

Message 5 of 7

We are working around the same issue here.  Ghosting the objects seems to display them as your are discribing but prints them as ghosted.  Hidden seems to print as intended but does not look correct on the screen.  We are having to use working views / Printing Views and a little trust that it comes out alright. HOT FIX PLEASE!

Message 6 of 7
htcollins
in reply to: craiguptmor6717

Was this issue ever solved?  I just came across this as well, and found that a ghost surface applied to rooms in visibility graphics has worked.

Message 7 of 7
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: htcollins

I know I'm late to this party, but have a solution! I had the same problem that on the monitor the color scheme and the walls, stairs etc. would just look the way I wanted it. Then in printing to PDF the colorscheme took over and all walls etc. were invisible. Only elements that didn't have color scheme were visible.

I tried printing with Adobe and Bluebeam with different settings. Didn't help.

Google told me to check the view properties "Color Scheme Location" to set it to "Background". that already was the case, so didn't help.

But what helped was to set the "Model Display" property to "Hidden Line". Woops, and it worked perfectly just like that.

Revit version: R2024.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report