Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 - Rendering Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
whittlea
1370 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2012 - Rendering Problem

Hi 

I am rendering for a school project and whenever I render no matter what quality there a little white dots on the render.

How do I get rid of them. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also if you have any suggestions how to make  my renders better please tell me thanks. These are just some of my renders that have white dots .

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: whittlea

Hi. All the white dots are on the same material which means it is related to the material settings itself in the rendering dialog. Change the material and do a test render. If the problem is fixed then you need to find out what the problem is in your material settings.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 5
whittlea
in reply to: AJA14

but how do I change the materail when it is an object off of revit city. Also can you give me some tips ondering and how minie look at the moment

Message 4 of 5
whittlea

Guys if you know how to get rid of the white dots and or know how to get really good looking realistic renders that dont take all day please answerSmiley Surprised

Message 5 of 5
AJA14

Hi. Well, when it comes to materials, there are several things to look at. First of all, the material itself found in the material editor can be custom created or used directly from the existing libraries. Afterwards, you get to add or modify the assets. The appearance asset is where you assign the rendering material, be it paint, actual material, or an image. This is where you get to provide your own input. In addition, each type of material has different properties which affect its looks.

A good thing would be to learn more about those controls via wikihelp or some good resourse such as mastering revit architecture. Another thing is lighting and its properties and direction. A third thing would be your perspective and camera location. A fourth thing would be the rendering settings in the rendering dialog. Try to play around also with the exposures after you complete the rendering which do not require you to do re-rendering.

Eventually you will come up with some good settings that fit your requirements.

Good Luck.

P.S.: A good computer with 8GB RAM and 2 GB dedicated VGA would be a high plus to reduce rendering time.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report