Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 - problems exporting dwf and reading in Design Review

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gustavomello
452 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2012 - problems exporting dwf and reading in Design Review

Hi, i´m working with revit 2012 and exporting dwf to open in design review 2013. But when i use the measurement tool in DR the dimension i get is 10 times bigger than the original.

I´ve attached a snapshot of a dwfx with the dimensions from revit and design review, as you can see the dr's dimension is 10 times the revit's. The revit view is in 1:50 scale and i've configured the measure tool in dr to this value. If i configure dr mesaure to 1:5 scale i get the right measure, but this is weird. Tried with a new simple project, just four walls, and got the same error.

I´ve already posted this on Design Review forum and someone suggested that i shoul post it here, since he thinks this could be a problem with the export to dWF process.

Any ideas of what´s going wrong?

Thanks,

Gustavo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gustavomello
in reply to: gustavomello

When setting units and scale in DR, if i set "units from the drawing from which this sheet was published" to mm and "units to which drawing units will be converted when displaying measurements" to cm i get the correct dimensions in DR.

This doesn´t make sense to me since revit units are set to cm, so i would expect the dwf to read the file in cm too. Is my logic correct? Does revit have a fixed "base" unit (mm) that is tied to the exported files independent of the units set by the user? Or something like that?

Message 3 of 3
gustavomello
in reply to: gustavomello

I'll accept the solution of my previous post for now, if i find a answer to this, i come back and post here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report