Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 Problem Modifying 3D Views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
micaelasm
552 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2012 Problem Modifying 3D Views

I just installed the student version of Revit 2012, everything went smoothly during the process. However everytime I open any project file, I cannot modify a 3D view by rotating the ViewCube. It gives me the following error message and then the view closes down

"An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window. This window shall be closed."

This happens both when I try to modify a view I set up with the camera or in the overall 3D view of the model.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it didn't change anything. I used to have Revit 2010 and never had a problem like this.

Thanks for the help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: micaelasm

This is typically a graphics card related problem.  You can try making sure you have the most recent drivers for your graphics card installed.  if that does not work you can turn off hardware acceleration in the options dialog found on the applicationmenu (big purple "R").

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 4
jonmcfarlandGY
in reply to: micaelasm

Make sure the view isn't locked.  There's an icon at the bottom of the view for controlling this.

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
Message 4 of 4
micaelasm
in reply to: loboarch

Thank you! That worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report