Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 and WACOM driver issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
988 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2012 and WACOM driver issue

I'm having an issue with revit 2012 crashing every time i use the materials editor. The problem dissapears if i uninstall WACOM tablet drivers - (a known issue with revit 2011). I'm feeling pretty gutted that I cant have my fav software and hardware installed at the same time......any news of whether this problem is in hand or if there is a work around? I really don't want to have to choose one or the other.

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a known issue for Revit 2011 and 2012 with the Wacom drivers installed.  There is a conflict with a component this dialog utilizes.  The development team is aware and when additional information is available we will make it available.

For the time being, as you mentioned, you can uninstall the Wacom drivers as one approach around the issue.

Alternatively some users have reported that stopping the following service [if present] in the Windows Control Panel > Local Services, also avoids the crashing behavior:

Windows based Tablet PC Service

If there are any tablet PC services I would test stopping them, closing Revit, and opening Revit to see if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi,

I am using HP EliteBook 8740w (Mobile Workstation) and I am facing the same problem. Revit Architecture 2012 is crashing while I am using Paint. Please suggest. I didn't find WACOM driver installed on my workstation.

Message 4 of 6
ryan.duell

Here is the original blog post link as well mentioning the issue, and a few additional steps:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/03/revit-crash-when-launching-the-materials-or-render-...

In the majority of cases however it is typically related to #1 for this behavior.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

disabling the pc tablet service seems to work, which is a much better solution than uninstalling. The tablet actually still works too. Sadly it reverts to right handed operation which, for a lefty like me, is a bit disappointing.

thanks for the help tho...

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

Is this also an issue with ACA 2012; have a customer with similar problems but using ACA 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report