Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012, 2013, 2014 with Windows 8.1 Compatibility & Stability issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3160 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2012, 2013, 2014 with Windows 8.1 Compatibility & Stability issues

I recently purchased a Lenovo with Windows 8.1. I downloaded and installed a student download of Revit 2013 and the program would open but was unstable. In hopes to fix my issue, I downloaded the Revit 2013 update release 2 and it began working seamlessly. Then, the program began messing up again (about a week later). So I repaired with no change, reinstalled with no change. Then, I uninstalled 2013 and installed 2014 as well as the update release 2 for Revit 2014 and I still have the same issues. Other students have both Revit 2013 & 2014 running smoothly with Windows 8, is my issue that I have Windows 8.1. Will I have to downgrade operating system?

Mardita

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drp281
in reply to: Anonymous

there are many threads on Windows 8.1 already

i would start reading up on it you can start here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=windows+8.1%0D%0A&search...

Message 3 of 4
soobiajamal

hi

i have the same issue, did you find a solution?

soobia

Message 4 of 4
Jason_S

I had very similar issues.  I had to do this to get things running smoothly.  The company I work for is all Windows 8 and 8.1.

I posted my method to get Revit installed on 8 and 8.1 on another post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Revit-and-Window-8-1/m-p/4828817#M76087

I hope this helps you out and you are able to get things resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report