Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2011 on Windows 7 - display errors

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mickeyflorio
187 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2011 on Windows 7 - display errors

Hi,

I've recently loaded Revit 2011 on a new desktop machine with Windows 7 and I'm getting a couple of errors that are driving me crazy.

Everytime I click on an element - wall, roof, window, anything - the bar between the toolbar and the display area momentarily becomes 4 or 5 bars, the display shifts and whatever I clicked on moves over a couple of feet. 

Also, when I zoom in and out, the screen displays the zoomed-in display and the previous display on top of one another.  When I pan, the problem resolves itself.

Also, when I flip from one view to another the screen oftentimes displays the wrong view or displays with the color inverted (black background, white lines).  This problem also resolves itself if I pan.

I've had similar problems in the past that have been resolved by either uninstalling the .net framework altogether or installing a previous version of .net.  I've tried both with no luck.

Thanks for your help,  Mickey

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: mickeyflorio

You may find this Autodesk Knowledge Network article of interest:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mickeyflorio
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David:

Thank you, this is a good start.  I've done #1 as a stop-gap to be able to keep working.

Tried #2, can't get the new driver to download.  Says the signature is corrupt.  I have a brand new computer with Nvidia Ge Force 720

Tried #3, no luck

Tried #4, no luck

Will try to clean the registry later, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Mickey

Message 4 of 4
mickeyflorio
in reply to: mickeyflorio

Holy S!!!  I rebooted my computer and it's fixed.  Thanks so much!

The problem was either that I had Revit launched on my secondary monitor or that I had Press & Drag checked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report