Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2011 “Hourglassing” “Redrawing” and General Slowdown

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hankspielberg
359 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2011 “Hourglassing” “Redrawing” and General Slowdown

I’m having some problems with 2011 that I am assuming is directly related to my system.

My computer is 5 years old and the System Resources are as follows.

Pentium 4 single core @3.20ghz

4 gb of DDR ram operating on XP-pro 32bit (which addresses only 3.something gb)

NVIDIA Gforce 6600 with 256mb ram with most recent driver

Page file is set to 2046 initial size and 4092 max.

I realize my system is dated but I am only using it for tutorial work, family creation and nothing of major size in production mode where speed counts. I have worked with larger tutorial models in 2010 and did not seem to have the “maxed-out” system problems I am now encountering with 2011. (I can work up to a point, then the hourglass appears when I hover any drawing element or try to invoke a command this also starts the green percentage re-drawing screen the in the lower right hand portion of the workspace).

I did a clean uninstall/reinstall of Revit 2011 to no avail. (Interestingly enough, even though the clean uninstall directs you to remove what seems to be every possible folder and registry entry, I found it strange that modifications made to the QAT showed up in the reinstalled Revit 2011 interface.

I’m not sure I want to back everything up and start fresh by installing XP64bit in hopes of taking advantage of full access to the 4mb of ram and to avoid the purchase a new motherboard, chip and video card right now as I’m not working.

I’m not sure just what to do right now so if any of you have a deeper insight of when to go I’d really appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Hank

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alan.quinn
in reply to: hankspielberg

Hank,

I took a look at the specs you posted and you might want to look at the following:

http://www.autodesk.com/us/revit/revit_graphics_hardware_list_June02.html

It appears that your graphics card is not listed, so perhaps upgrading will help. Also, I have included a link on the 3 gig switch. If you follow the instruction on this link it will also help.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8018966&linkID=9243142

Thank you, 

Alan Quinn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report