Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2010 - Railing Problem - Need your HELP

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ennujozlagam
2251 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2010 - Railing Problem - Need your HELP

Hello,

Please see my attached file.

Queries,

1) is there anyway i can add another baluster in the middle of railing, same size of both ends.

2) How to make the both ends corners radius (between handrail and baluster)

3)How to trim  /remove the excess railing at both ends.

Thank you in advance.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rosskirby
in reply to: ennujozlagam

@ennujozlagam wrote:

Hello,

Please see my attached file.

Queries,

1) is there anyway i can add another baluster in the middle of railing, same size of both ends.

2) How to make the both ends corners radius (between handrail and baluster)

3)How to trim  /remove the excess railing at both ends.

Thank you in advance.

1 - Set the baluster that you want to appear in the middle of the railing as the Corner Post.  Then, any place you split the line in sketch mode, Revit will insert the Corner Post.

2 - Not sure I understand...do you want the top rail to loop back to the handrail...?

3 - Set the offset for the start/end posts.  One will need to be positive, and the other negative (I can never remember which is which, so you may have to play with it a little).  You'll also have to adjust your sketch accordingly (i.e. start it a little beyond the actual "start" since your start post will be beyond the end of the sketch.  And vice versa for the end post.

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: rosskirby

Hi Ross,

Attached some files for better understanding. Thank you very much for prompt reply.

Regards,

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: rosskirby

Hi Ross,

I followed your instructions to add baluster in the middle but doesnt work. please find enclosed.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 9
racoelho1001

I'd like to know how to do a railing like the one in the "railing2.JPG" file. Any help?
http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/133/52937/2/railing2.JPG
Rodrigo Alexandre Coelho
Arquiteto & Urbanista
Projeto / BIM / Lean Construction
Profissional Certificado Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014
www.rac.arq.br
Message 6 of 9
ennujozlagam

This issue had been solved already last 3 yrs ago.

Message 7 of 9
racoelho1001

That's good Ennujozlagam, but can you help me? Any tip or link?
Thanks.
Rodrigo Alexandre Coelho
Arquiteto & Urbanista
Projeto / BIM / Lean Construction
Profissional Certificado Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014
www.rac.arq.br
Message 8 of 9
ennujozlagam

Just follow my railing properties or you can use mass in place use railing create using sweep sorry I'm not in my computer now I can only help you this coming Monday or just wait maybe someone will reply you. Thankz

Message 9 of 9
ennujozlagam

hi racoelho1001,

sorry for late reply, attached herewith some samples Revit 2012 my previous project railings. hope it helps... thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report