Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2010 Crash When Printing???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
archipod
433 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2010 Crash When Printing???

We have a fairly large project set to print tomorrow. However, one of our sheets causes a crash every time we try to print it. Actually, it's not sheet specific. Anytime we try to print a certain portion of of the building on any sheet, it crashes the project. We have two separate plan views of the same area created on separate sheets and each one causes the project to crash.

I've audited the filed, recreated the views and re-placed them on sheets, but to no avail. Same result. It's such a large area that I don't even know where to begin looking for the solution to this. Can anyone suggest anything?

On a similar topic, there were some corrupt elements (doors) in the file that caused the project to crash anytime I tried to delete them or change the swing. I have no idea where to begin on either of these.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: archipod

The ultimate solution for my crashes in Revit 2010 was this:

From your computer's Windows' desktop area, right click.
Click on Properties.
Click on the Settings tab.
Click on Advanced.
Click on the Troubleshoot tab.
Move the Hardware acceleration slider to the None position (left).
Click OK.
Say goodbye to crashes.

This solution may not work on your case. It worked fine in my computer and I have been able to fix this issue of constant crashes in other computers as well.

Alfredo Medina
alfmedina@hotmail.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

One option that may work is : Save as a new project. Make sure you check the save as a central file option under the options tab. Print from this new file and then save back to original. Important: when you save back to original project, make sure no one else is working on it. 

I'm glad this worked for me, because my last option was to update to  a newer version ( I'm lucky that our office has several versions.). That would have been caos with our consultants.

I hope it works

Message 4 of 4
avolet
in reply to: archipod

I had similar experience with one sheet not printing and causing crash. The sheet had a view with an imported raster image. The solution I found was to adjust print setting from vector processing (faster) to raster processing, and it worked.

See if that helps,

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report