Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Clouds crashing Revit 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bryan_gibson79
2342 Views, 8 Replies

Revision Clouds crashing Revit 2013

Has anyone had the problem of Revit 2013 crashing when they go to close a large revision cloud?  it doesnt seem to do iit with a smaller cloud, but when you click the green checkmark to close a  large one such as clouding a large plan it shuts down with no option to save.  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

to answer you question, i tried revision cloud on a full sheet floor plan and it worked fine.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 9
JimbobNZ
in reply to: bryan_gibson79

Hi Bryan

Yes, I have been experiencing this problem today (my revision cloud was not what I'd consider large, however there were numerous clouds under the same edit).  The first time it occured, Revit just disappeared without warning.  The second time the same thing happened.  Wise to the possible action causing the problem, the third time I saved prior to editing the revision cloud.  It crashed again, however this time it game me the option to save a recovery file & send an error report to Autodesk.

Upon talking to other Revit users at my office I discovered one other colleague had experienced the exact same thing.  Suspecting a graphics driver issue, he updated to a newer version, however this did not solve his problem.  Just thought I'd help rule that out as a possible solution.

Hopefully this problem will be covered in the fisrt update to the program.  If you have found a solution, please let me know.

Regards

Jonathan

Message 4 of 9
parveen.revit
in reply to: JimbobNZ

i tried it again after reading your post but it still works fine on my computer.

May be it has something to do with the shape of revision cloud, Autodesk technical team may be of some help.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 5 of 9
JimbobNZ
in reply to: bryan_gibson79

Hi there Bryan, I've been in contact with our software provider here in NZ, as I have been experiencing this problem with revision clouds & filled regions, they in turn have been in discussion with Autodesk.  They gave this reply;

It is related to a known defect. In Revit 2013, in the editor mode, for example, edit a totographic surface, slab, etc. when there are more than 100 undo points recorded in the edit session, the crash might happen.

So for this revision cloud is the same. In the edit mode, if user add more lines, and there are more than 100 undo steps recorded in the edit mode, then when click Finish, crash will happen.

Currently, we will suggest the user not draw a smaller number of  lines (less than 100) in the edit mode, then click finish, then edit the revision cloud again, and add more lines.

Meanwhile, our development team is going to provide an update fix on this issue, but no specific time now.

Hope this helps to understand the reason for the crash & are able now to work around this issue until Autodesk releases a Hotfix or update for the program.

Regards

Jonathan

Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the reply!  At least there is a work around till hopefully they get it fixed.  

Message 7 of 9
jordon.gillman
in reply to: JimbobNZ

I was having the same problem with Large Revision clouds as well, but also another issue when printing to PDF. We have noticed on all machines in our firm that once a week or more when printing a PDF it will crash without warning, and there is no recovery file created nor a dialog box to submit the issue to Autodesk. 

Thanks, 

Message 8 of 9
JimbobNZ
in reply to: jordon.gillman

Hi Jordon

Yes, a few people in our office have had the same problem.  The most annoying aspect of the "sudden" crash is that it does not produce an error report that you can then send to AutoDesk.

As for the revision cloud, filled region & so forth, crashes, there has been a maintenance update released & this seems to have fixed the problem.  I don't believe I've experienced the printing to PDF crash since the update either.

I hope there is free access to the update (we're on subscription) as the program is a massive FAIL without it.

All the best.

Jonathan

Message 9 of 9

Hi, has this issue been fixed in later versions of Revit? We seem to have this issue on 2017.

@JimbobNZ wrote:

Hi there Bryan, I've been in contact with our software provider here in NZ, as I have been experiencing this problem with revision clouds & filled regions, they in turn have been in discussion with Autodesk.  They gave this reply;

It is related to a known defect. In Revit 2013, in the editor mode, for example, edit a totographic surface, slab, etc. when there are more than 100 undo points recorded in the edit session, the crash might happen.

So for this revision cloud is the same. In the edit mode, if user add more lines, and there are more than 100 undo steps recorded in the edit mode, then when click Finish, crash will happen.

Currently, we will suggest the user not draw a smaller number of  lines (less than 100) in the edit mode, then click finish, then edit the revision cloud again, and add more lines.

Meanwhile, our development team is going to provide an update fix on this issue, but no specific time now.

Hope this helps to understand the reason for the crash & are able now to work around this issue until Autodesk releases a Hotfix or update for the program.

Regards

Jonathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report