Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Cloud

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
415 Views, 6 Replies

Revision Cloud

Is it possible to automate revision cloud, so we won't need to cloud it in each and every sheet....if yes, then how?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are looking to show a revision sequence on a Sheet that does not have any clouds, you can do so by selecting the Sheet and, in the Properties palette, under the Identity Data category, find the Revisions on Sheet parameter and select the Edit button in the right column.  You can manually add a revision sequence to the sheet by checking the toggle in the Shown in Revision Scheule column next to the desired revision sequence description.

Note that for sheets on which a revision cloud is placed, the box for that cloud's revision sequence will already be checked and you cannot uncheck it.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: David_W_Koch

The issue with the standard method is that one has to do that for each individual Sheet View; one cannot select multiple and apply the same changes to their Properties en masse. The trick we use to force the Revisions to display on a Sheet is to draw a tiny, tiny Revision Cloud on one sheet for each desired Revision, select it and Copy to Clipboard, and then use Paste Aligned to Selected Views to all of the desired Sheet Views. The presence of the microscopic Revision Cloud(s) force the Revision(s) to display.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I meant to include a blurb about how what I said may not qualify as "automated".  I got distracted mid-post and forgot to include that.  Thanks for the more automatic suggestion.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Well, honestly, neither way would qualify as "automated"...

More often than not, we have to display all Revisions on all Sheets. In such cases, we simply remove the Revision Schedule from the Title Block Family and manually create it as text, therefore, it is automatically displayed on all Sheet Views that employ said Title Block.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for your reply. I guess, you misunderstand my query. I've ommited one wall, then I have to draw revision clouds in plans, elevations, section, etc..

So my question is - Is there any tool/command/other way to draw the revision clouds automatically in all the connected views / in all the sheets, in which this wall was shown before....So I won't miss any sheet to show revision cloud.

Hope you understood my query....

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Right, then. Understood this time around!

Nope. Revision Clouds are Annotations (thus only appearing in the View in which they are created) and are entirely created by the user, and have no association with any other elements within the database.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report