Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Cloud 'Rectangle'

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
davidtetro
1160 Views, 4 Replies

Revision Cloud 'Rectangle'

Is there a way of 'reprogramming' Revit to not automatically select the rectangle function when creating a revision cloud? I find that I am using the standard line tool more often than the rectangle and would like the default tool to be the line instead of the rectangle. Trivial, I know, but it is a bit annoying...

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: davidtetro

Apparently, no. It seems that the rectangle option is more practical, anyway though, than the method of drawing the cloud line by line.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
davidtetro
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo - thanks for the information. However, I disagree with the idea that rectangles are 'the way to go'. When placing revision clouds, I rarely place rectangles. I am usually outlining parts of the model and text objects at the same time and thus create non-rectangular shapes. This would account for at least 75% of the revision cloud 'types' I would make. I find it more cumbersome to click on the linework tool in order to not create a rectangle. But, that is just me, I guess...

Message 4 of 5
SteveKStafford

For now, if you are going to spend some time applying revision clouds then create one that closely represents the shape (number of segments) you'll likely use, then copy that around. Edit the sketch when/if necessary. It would be nice if Revit would remember our preferences for sketching.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 5
dfmcclure

Agreed - it is very annoying to start drawing a revision cloud, and then have to stop, delete it, select the line option, and then start drawing again.

This must be a new thing with 2016, never had this issue before. Glitch in the program?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report