Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revise Existing Contour To Fill Void

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Wotdat
268 Views, 2 Replies

Revise Existing Contour To Fill Void

Hi, I have succesfully created a Existing topo surface by importing CAD Spline. During the process however, I managed to miss the fact an existing retaining wall runs across this ponding basin with the other half of it filled with earth. The problem is I do not know how best to go by fixing the generated existing topo in Revit to show earth on the filled portion. I created a seperate topo in the filled ponding portion and tried to 'Merge Surfaces' but the fill topo keeps disappearing.
Anybody know a better way.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
melarch
in reply to: Wotdat

Edit the existing topo points to get it to fill in behind your retaining wall. When you edit the fill of the original existing topo Revit handles the changes as if they were a future phase. This way you can check the existing versus the new filled in area and generate a fill area/volume schedule to monitor the changes in your topo.

Mel Persin, AIA
Message 3 of 3
Wotdat
in reply to: Wotdat

I tried what you suggested but it's too Dang hard to get those lower-elevation contours to stay put when placing Points on top of another along the retaining wall.
any trick to this?
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report