Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revedit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jcanterbpi
1516 Views, 4 Replies

Revedit

I work for an architectural firm with it's own in-house engineering. There are a few users in the architectural department that are using AutoCad Revit. When they are using the refedit command, we, in the engineering dept. who do not have AutoCad Revit but instead are using AutoCad 2002 cannot see the xrefs that are being edited by Revit. Is there a variable, or something that we can set on the users using Revit to save the drawing to a previous version so we can view the xrefs?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jcanterbpi

When they export they have the option of AutoCAD 200 or 2004 format. They are selecting 2004 (user error). "jcanterbpi" wrote in message news:21852903.1093973745314.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I work for an architectural firm with it's own in-house engineering. There are a few users in the architectural department that are using AutoCad Revit. When they are using the refedit command, we, in the engineering dept. who do not have AutoCad Revit but instead are using AutoCad 2002 cannot see the xrefs that are being edited by Revit. Is there a variable, or something that we can set on the users using Revit to save the drawing to a previous version so we can view the xrefs?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Wrong discussion group. They are probably using ADT and you probably need Object Enabler to see objects created by ADT (Architectural Desktop). Alek "jcanterbpi" wrote in message news:21852903.1093973745314.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I work for an architectural firm with it's own in-house engineering. There are a few users in the architectural department that are using AutoCad Revit. When they are using the refedit command, we, in the engineering dept. who do not have AutoCad Revit but instead are using AutoCad 2002 cannot see the xrefs that are being edited by Revit. Is there a variable, or something that we can set on the users using Revit to save the drawing to a previous version so we can view the xrefs?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

That was my take, too. Revit has no "refedit" command. It sounds to me like you have AutoCAD and Architectural Desktop, not Revit. "Aleksej Sutulov" wrote in message news:4134d604$1_3@newsprd01... > Wrong discussion group. They are probably using ADT and you probably need > Object Enabler to see objects created by ADT (Architectural Desktop). > Alek > > "jcanterbpi" wrote in message > news:21852903.1093973745314.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I work for an architectural firm with it's own in-house engineering. There > are a few users in the architectural department that are using AutoCad > Revit. When they are using the refedit command, we, in the engineering dept. > who do not have AutoCad Revit but instead are using AutoCad 2002 cannot see > the xrefs that are being edited by Revit. Is there a variable, or something > that we can set on the users using Revit to save the drawing to a previous > version so we can view the xrefs? > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

So, to continue the thought, if they are using ADT then the answer to the question is "no". Refedit will only save as to the same version of the application used. There is no variable to change it. You might also be dealing with ADT objects being inserted into the drawing (which is a whole other issue). Actually, you'll probably be wishing they were using Revit. -Danny Polkinhorn WATG Honolulu Scott Davis wrote: > That was my take, too. Revit has no "refedit" command. It sounds to me > like you have AutoCAD and Architectural Desktop, not Revit. > > "Aleksej Sutulov" wrote in message > news:4134d604$1_3@newsprd01... > >>Wrong discussion group. They are probably using ADT and you probably need >>Object Enabler to see objects created by ADT (Architectural Desktop). >>Alek >> >>"jcanterbpi" wrote in message >>news:21852903.1093973745314.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> >>>I work for an architectural firm with it's own in-house engineering. > > There > >>are a few users in the architectural department that are using AutoCad >>Revit. When they are using the refedit command, we, in the engineering > > dept. > >>who do not have AutoCad Revit but instead are using AutoCad 2002 cannot > > see > >>the xrefs that are being edited by Revit. Is there a variable, or > > something > >>that we can set on the users using Revit to save the drawing to a previous >>version so we can view the xrefs? >> >> > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report