Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reveals in custom walls

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gregk
2311 Views, 4 Replies

Reveals in custom walls

I created a curved, sloped wall (it's actually a tower) using in place mass, model by face - wall.  I need to place reveals in the wall to simulate ACM panels.  I've tried using the reveal tool in the wall drop down but it won't allow a reveal to be placed in the custom wall, any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ccollins
in reply to: gregk

You could try to use Voids and cut geometry? Or perhaps model the reveals into the mass?

Or perhaps use a curtain system with a custom mullion profile? Just some ideas-- have not actually tried any of them.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
ccollins

You could also create Reveals in the Wall Type which you apply to the Mass.

Properties>Edit Structure>Preview Section>Reveals.

You can specifiy the Reveal Profile family and spacing here and add horizontal reveals.

I do not think you can add vertical reveals here.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

Or, you could create a surface with the adaptive components template, divide the surface, apply a rectangular panel with a void along the edges to simulate the reveals or joints between the panels, then load into project and apply a wall to the surface.

See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
s3330906
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi Alfredo, i was just wondering how you created the adaptive component which seems to follow a grid system to create revals on a curved surface. I have tried to create this exact system using an adaptive component and then choosing points on my grid but it did not seem to work as effective as your solution. i also tried to create a pattern based curtain panel to achieve the same solution but the panels did not form a system like the image you posted. could you please explain how you achieved this in a more in debth manner ? thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report