Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Parameters NOT REPORTING!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
yinka_habilis
563 Views, 5 Replies

Reporting Parameters NOT REPORTING!

Virtual Memory - Automatically managed by Windows (Recommended size 12.25GB, Currently Allocated 8.16GB)

My system:

iMac 27inch (late 2009 model)

Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06Ghz

8 GB Ram (DDR3 1066)

1TB Hard Drive (Partition 1 = 700GB / 583GB free, Partition 2 = 230GB / 219GB free)

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) through Bootcamp

Gb Ethernet Connection (Domain network)

Revit Architecture 2011 (64-bit)

Stand Alone installation/licensing

Library and Working files all stored on network location (Revit options point to network locations for all files)

Project Files stored on network location

I have a custom door family that contains Shared Parameters for reporting clear opening width and height. The Shared Parameters are used as reporting parameters. Everything in the family works fine - the clear height and clear width reporting parameters change according to changed width and height of the door. However, when inserted into the project, the reporting parameter displays the default values and nothing else - regardless of the changes to the height or width of the door in the project. I have used reporting parameters in family/projects before for similar situations without any issue. I have tried using a non-shared reporting parameter in the family, that does not work either. I ran an audit of both the family and project and no change. I'm assuming that I've done something wrong but I can't figure out what!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alan.quinn
in reply to: yinka_habilis

It sound like you are doing everything right. Can you post the door so I can look at it?

Thank you,

Message 3 of 6
yinka_habilis
in reply to: alan.quinn

See attached. Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
alan.quinn

I loaded and change your door and checked the properties and it appears to be reporting the correct dimensions. If you load the door into a blank project (out of the box) do you get the same results? See attached image.

Message 5 of 6
yinka_habilis
in reply to: alan.quinn

Yes it does work!. After which I deleted the family from my project and then reloaded it and it's working! Seems the family in the project got corrupted. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
alan.quinn

Great, thanks for following up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report