Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating Rooms (Tags) on Other Floors

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
rumbleseat
3936 Views, 20 Replies

Repeating Rooms (Tags) on Other Floors

I just correclty tagged 90 rooms on the 4th floor of my building. Floors 5 through 8 are identical. Is there some Revit efficiency I can harness to quickly copy the room tags up the tower, floor by floor?
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
JeffreyMcGrew
in reply to: rumbleseat

"You guys think you have the bomb-diggity product. You've all drunk the kool-aid."

Haha. Not really. I was more talking about your attitude here. You start this thread being nice. And hey look at that you get a lot of nice responses. By the end you're right back to being rude, and not getting any help. And now you're getting into personal attacks too, to the very people who might wanna help you. So sorry we aren't all as smart as you are. We'll try to stay out of your way, us kool-aid drinkers.

"I'm your reality check. You can easily get rid of me if you just rename your site "the Rah Rah Revit-Booster Discussion Group" and write yourselves a snappy cheer to go with it."

Oh wow! Rumbleseat is here to save us all! Thank goodness! We were all doomed! It has nothing to do with the fact that he doesn't know enough about the software, and everything to do with the fact that we who have been using it for years just needed to see the light! Thank you for setting us straight!

"Revit ain't ready for prime time. Nothing but headaches over assinine problems for weeks now. At best we can have two people using it at once. Frequent crashes (4 times in two days) & lost work."

Every time you post Rumbleseat you dig yourself deeper in. Every time you post I see things you say that show that you, or your team there, really doesn't have much idea of what they are doing at all. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Last thread, it was your comment on some kinda 'cut and paste' thing you had to do to get Revit to run in the morning. This time, it's that you can't even have two people work on the same project without it crashing. Maybe if you spent more time describing your problems and talking nice to folks you'd get a lot farther. Instead we must all just be full of it because OBVIOUSLY you're just so smart that you couldn't possibly be doing anything wrong. Sheesh.

Sounds like you need some help. Doubt you'll take my word for it, tho.

"Sorry to rain on the parade."

Not raining on mine man. I'm busy doing a lot of stuff with Revit and not having even half of the heartaches you are. And I've got 2400 people to think about. Daily. Even small problems, which Revit has too many of IMHO, become huge issues when you try to scale things up to that size. Some of those issues were addressed with R9. I hope every day that more will be addressed with R10, for I'm terrified at how were gonna make certain things not turn into a bit of a mess on the longterm. You think your concerns are a pain?

But even with all of that it's simply taking off. Everywhere I turn, here at my day job and around the local area, I see more and more folks using it or wanting to use it.

So cut the whole trip of 'saying anything positive about Revit means you're full of it'. It's getting old and is so far from the truth that I'm starting to think that you're a shill, rumbleseat, astro-turfing away and not really using Revit at all...

As a matter of fact, why are you even using Revit at all? If you hate it so much, and feel that it's so poor? Why not switch to another tool, or find a job where you don't have to use it or something? It's just software man.

"And btw, what is Revit's obsession with keeping elements joined? It's all it wants to talk about."

Seems like all you wanna talk about is how you're gonna save us all by being the sole voice of reason here on the newsgroups. Why do you even care?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report