Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering with Autodesk 360 from Revit LT 2014 with a transparent background

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
philip
765 Views, 4 Replies

Rendering with Autodesk 360 from Revit LT 2014 with a transparent background

I am wanting to create a rendered Tiff image with a white/transparent background- no sky image or colour.  Even when I select None for Background under Graphic Display Options it still includes a sky background in the rendered image.

I'm not sure if or how the option for Alpha (Transparency Background) in the Rendering in the Cloud options relates to this issue.

Any thoughts?

I'm Using

Revit LT 2014 on subscription

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
info
in reply to: philip

You can render with sky as alpha by selecting that option in the Autodesk360 popup menu. Doing so replaces sky with a flat color easily made into alpha in Photoshop or Gimp. hope that helps
Message 3 of 5
philip
in reply to: info

Many thanks.

When I have tried this setting it still produces an image with the sky background.  Is it only once you have it in photoshop etc that you can change it to a blank background?  When I opened one in GIMP it didn't appear to have any layers.  I don't really understand the alpha thing so don't know how to "make it into alpha" or what that means.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 4 of 5
philip

I have the outcome I was after.  I think the "Alpha (Transparency background)" check box was the key to it.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 5
lebelKQRXV

Hello, I am wondering what you did or what worked. 

I rendering with the alpha- transparent background and then brought it into PS but I do not see how it helps me or is different.  What is the trick with using that transparent background in PS. 

Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report