Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

philip
Message 1 of 4 (313 Views)
Accepted Solution

Rendering with Autodesk 360 from Revit LT 2014 with a transparent background

313 Views, 3 Replies
03-17-2014 03:29 AM

I am wanting to create a rendered Tiff image with a white/transparent background- no sky image or colour.  Even when I select None for Background under Graphic Display Options it still includes a sky background in the rendered image.

I'm not sure if or how the option for Alpha (Transparency Background) in the Rendering in the Cloud options relates to this issue.

Any thoughts?

I'm Using

Revit LT 2014 on subscription

You can render with sky as alpha by selecting that option in the Autodesk360 popup menu. Doing so replaces sky with a flat color easily made into alpha in Photoshop or Gimp. hope that helps
info
Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

Re: Rendering with Autodesk 360 from Revit LT 2014 with a transparent background

03-17-2014 04:52 AM in reply to: philip
You can render with sky as alpha by selecting that option in the Autodesk360 popup menu. Doing so replaces sky with a flat color easily made into alpha in Photoshop or Gimp. hope that helps
philip
Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: Rendering with Autodesk 360 from Revit LT 2014 with a transparent background

03-17-2014 03:48 PM in reply to: info

Many thanks.

When I have tried this setting it still produces an image with the sky background.  Is it only once you have it in photoshop etc that you can change it to a blank background?  When I opened one in GIMP it didn't appear to have any layers.  I don't really understand the alpha thing so don't know how to "make it into alpha" or what that means.

Thanks again for your help.

philip
Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)

03-18-2014 04:01 AM in reply to: philip

I have the outcome I was after.  I think the "Alpha (Transparency background)" check box was the key to it.

Thanks again

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.