Revit Architecture

nic
nic
Message 1 of 3 (170 Views)

Rendering speed

170 Views, 2 Replies
08-29-2012 10:33 PM

Hi,

I have been using Revit 2013 on my laptop for the last few weeks as I have been travelling but now I have put it on my workstation the rendering speed has considerably slowed down despite my workstation being a faster machine. The laptop is running windows 7 and the worksation XP could this account for the difernece

Thanks

Nic Taylor

Distinguished Mentor
Caddman13
Message 2 of 3 (143 Views)

Re: Rendering speed

08-31-2012 05:03 AM in reply to: nic

nic wrote:

The laptop is running windows 7 and the worksation XP could this account for the difernece

Thanks

Nic Taylor

That would be my first guess.  Also your video card on the desktop may be part of the issue.

Contributor
andre_dms
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: Rendering speed

08-31-2012 06:22 AM in reply to: Caddman13

Video card do not impact MentalRay rendering times, but can affect iRay rendering performance.

I doubt the op is referring to the iRay performance, this can have another causes.

A simple test can be: close all other views, save the project, exits Revit, and open again, than do a render to measure the times.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.