Revit Architecture

nic
nic
Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

Rendering speed

173 Views, 2 Replies
08-29-2012 10:33 PM

Hi,

I have been using Revit 2013 on my laptop for the last few weeks as I have been travelling but now I have put it on my workstation the rendering speed has considerably slowed down despite my workstation being a faster machine. The laptop is running windows 7 and the worksation XP could this account for the difernece

Thanks

Nic Taylor

Distinguished Mentor
Caddman13
Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: Rendering speed

08-31-2012 05:03 AM in reply to: nic

nic wrote:

The laptop is running windows 7 and the worksation XP could this account for the difernece

Thanks

Nic Taylor

That would be my first guess.  Also your video card on the desktop may be part of the issue.

Contributor
andre_dms
Message 3 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: Rendering speed

08-31-2012 06:22 AM in reply to: Caddman13

Video card do not impact MentalRay rendering times, but can affect iRay rendering performance.

I doubt the op is referring to the iRay performance, this can have another causes.

A simple test can be: close all other views, save the project, exits Revit, and open again, than do a render to measure the times.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!