Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Region Improvement

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
RaoulTittel
682 Views, 6 Replies

Rendering Region Improvement

Hi all,

I am using Revit 2010 and when I want to render a region I often have to zoom out to redefine the boundary of the region. I think this can be improved upon so that you could, say, click on a button in the render dialogue box to reset the region to approx 75% the size of the drawing area.

I think that this would be really useful as I like to test the rendering for materials etc of small areas of the model so I don't waste time doing the whole rendering and getting some of it wrong.

Cheers,

Raoul

Using Revit 2012
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

That is a great suggestion! If you could, please submit a wish list request at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID =123112&id=1109794. Information submitted through that link goes to the Revit development team and is considered for future implementation.

Thanks!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Jillian, I have done that now.

Cheers,

Raoul

Using Revit 2012
Message 4 of 7
vector2
in reply to: RaoulTittel

well we don't need that with RAC 2011 because we can just look at the materials with the realistic view before we even hit the render button..
Message 5 of 7
RaoulTittel

So you are saying that you have rendered output on tap?

What I am saying is that to reduce wasting valuable time rendering a whole model I would like to see that a portion of it will look exactly how I want it to look. Which was probably not clearly explained in my initial post.

Raoul

Using Revit 2012
Message 6 of 7
vector2

even before RAC 2011 and the realistic view- i gave up trying to render only a portion or region- it's too much trouble and i can render the whole scene in three minutes anyway and really see what i'm doing..
Message 7 of 7
RaoulTittel

Wow, that's amazing! Unfortunately I have slow PC so I don't have the benefit of 3 minute renderings, hence the suggestion.

Using Revit 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report