Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
vector3
Message 11 of 15 (229 Views)

Re: Rendering material

07-31-2012 07:22 PM in reply to: mrdavie

mrdavie, I'm taking on learning the whole 2013 Materials UI. 

No more putting images into my own folder just to render them.

It may take me a few days or even a week to begin dealing with

questions like you raised and other questions within the context

of the whole Materals UI.

Please keep in touch with this thread as I plan to do.

Distinguished Contributor
mrdavie
Message 12 of 15 (216 Views)

08-01-2012 12:41 PM in reply to: mrdavie
Thanks for helping me figure this out. It seems evident that multiple brick patterns should be achievable in one rendering.
Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 13 of 15 (202 Views)

08-02-2012 02:55 PM in reply to: mrdavie

It sounds like you need to create a new separate Material Asset for use with the stacked bond brick.

To do this, go through the following steps:
1. In Revit, go to the Manage Ribbon Tab, click Materials.

2. After you have duplicated the brick material (so that at least two materials are using the same Material Asset e.g. Non-Uniform Running - Burgundy), right click on the asset name in the Material Editor, and select Duplicate.
Duplicate Asset.png

3. Modify the image used (the change should only affect the newly created asset and materials that are using that asset).

Lance Coffey
mrdavie
Message 14 of 15 (188 Views)

08-02-2012 06:44 PM in reply to: Lance.Coffey

THANKS! I accept your solution but I am confused by one thing. After I right-click on the asset name and duplicate. Where is that asset? How can i rename it. I am able to assign the stack bond image and it does not affect the other walls. Yeah. But I would like to rename that asset created when duplicated.

Refer to the attached image. Notice the Asset Appearance name "Non-uniform Running - Burgandy(1)." How do I rename that?

mrdavie
Message 15 of 15 (171 Views)

08-03-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: mrdavie

NEVER MIND. I answered my own question. I noticed in the Material Editor there was a down "Information"  arrow or tab or whatever the computer jargon is for those little symbols that expand the information available. After expanding the Information "tab" I was able to rename the material appearance to match the image name. I dont know why anyone would want those names to be different and why they have to be separate parameters.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.