Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Rebel1
1685 Views, 6 Replies

Rendering Issue

I am a new user to this may seem simple.  When I render a 3D view the roof disappears in the render view, but when I switch to show the model it is there.  Any ideas of what settings I have wrong now?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: Rebel1

If the object is visible in the shaded view, and the material is not set to be transparent or similar, in most cases there may be Windows user profile or temporary file corruption, or 2011 shared material library corruption.

Similar behavior was documented in the following blog post:

http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-render-has-disappeared.html

I have organized a process we can take below, if possible please go through these items one at a time to see if we can isolate and resolve the issue.  If you have any questions along the way please do not hesitate to let me know:

1.  Close Revit 2011, empty the contents of the Windows Temp folder at:

%Temp%

Launch Revit again and see if the issue persists.

2.  Apply the swatch hotfix here, which contains an updated material file:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15882941&linkID=9273944

3.  Uninstall \ Reinstall the Material Libraries [Revit 2011 stays installed normally].  You can see both process links from #2 in my blog post below:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/the-rendering-or-render-appearance-library-previews...

4.  Run Revit as an administrator by right-clicking on the shortcut > Run as Administrator.  Verify if the results are consistent.

5.  Lastly, if it still persists, can another user log on this same workstation to verify if this is user profile specific on this workstation?

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
Rebel1
in reply to: ryan.duell

I am new with Windows 7.  I am not sure how to get to the Windows Temp folder.  I type n %Temp% and anything with the letters temp show up. 

Message 4 of 7
ryan.duell

-Close Revit 2011
-Navigate to Windows Start
-And either choose "Run" [if you have Run visible] or enter the following in “Search Programs and Files

%Temp%

-This will open your Windows Temp folder.  Delete whatever Windows will allow you inside this folder.  You can leave it in the Recycle Bin.
-Launch Revit 2011, attempt to render the same file, see if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 7
alive3d
in reply to: ryan.duell

The problem was fiixed for me after completing item 1! (See my earlier post today.) I emptied the local temp file not the windows temp file.

Thank you!!

Note to Autodesk: The drain on time and the loss of productivity spent on these issues = money down the toilet. Can I send you my invoice? 

Message 6 of 7
Rebel1

After completing item 2 the problem was fixed.  Item 1 did not affect anything with the issue.  Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 7
chadrhines

The links shown  for Revit 2011 libraries are NOT available now. I have removed all files from %temp% as the first fix and the materials stil make walls, doors, floors, etc. disappear when applying new materials to them. I then  uninstalled all 3 image libraries but now CANNOT find the replacements to download. Where is the correct address can you find them? I have searched for about 2 hours on the net.

autodesk/support/ADSKMaterials/cm/proteinmaterials.msi   and the other two link for the base image and medium image libraries come back  "Page Requested was not found".  Your locations are not found.

A little help would be greatly appreciated or I have 2011 Revit that can no longer render.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report