Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render "interior artificial only" problems

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
diegoratia
2221 Views, 3 Replies

Render "interior artificial only" problems

Hello,

Im trying to improve this kind of render, but at least two things are driving me crazy.

One is the "noise" in the picture and the other is the lines created by lights. In order to explain myself better I attach a picture.

I would be very grateful if someone teach me how to improve this.. Thanks in advance.

Sin título.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: diegoratia

Rendering is not easy, in many cases more art than science. To get good results is dependent on many factors.

Some will say that you would have to use a better renderer (e.g. by using 3DS Max).

However you should be able to get better results with Revit. I do not know what your level of experience is with rendering.

Have you tried different render quality settings? In the settings you can go from Draft to Best (and custom).

You should experiment with these settings.The higher the settings the longer the render wiil take. In cases it will take a long time you can do partial renderings (regions) and focus on areas of concern.

It might be good to do render experiments and try different custom settings to see the differences.

For your lights it might also be a render setting. However it can also be the lights itself. Have you looked at the photometrics settings of your light? In some case you might even want to change the light family itself and change to a Photometric Web File (IES). As a final point it might also be the (floor) materials. Try different materials and see if you get less noise.

As a first step I would look at your render quality settings.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
diegoratia
in reply to: L.Maas

First of all, thank you for your answer. That was very complete.

I tried a lot of things with the settings before I decided to come here for help. I read some topics about rendering settings when you want interior and artificial lights and nothing changes. I think its not about render settings.

So I've come to the conclusion that the problem is both photometrics settings and the floor material. I dont know much things about photometrics settings so I'll try different things and ill find some information in order to learn about this.

About the floor material, i want mine to be some kind of polished concrete, and something must be wrong. The thing is that I rendered the same view with interior sun only and things went pretty nice for me (I'm just a student trying to improve my revit skills).

Anyway, thanks for your attention, very helpful.

Message 4 of 4
diegoratia
in reply to: diegoratia

It really was the material. I made some changes in the sttings of material, bright and gloss, polished to semi-polished and it got better i think. 

Still working on light lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report