Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Add-In

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
steve
42720 Views, 6 Replies

Remove Add-In

how do I remove an Add-in.  The name does not appear in the windows add and remove programs list.  It is called KCL CADalog.  Seems to slow down the "big R" functions and I want to get rid of it.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kfielding
in reply to: steve

Steve,

Some user specific addins are located within the %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins folder.  

The alternative location for addins for all users is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\

If both the *.addin file and the associated *.dll files are in here you should be able to delete it, otherwise the *.addin file if opened will indicate the location of the dll.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
steve
in reply to: kfielding

perfect. that worked.

Message 4 of 7
PaulFrancoisStorm

Instead of deleting it, change the extension to something Revit will not Recognize *.addoff, for instance. THen it will not load when revit is started. You can always toggle it on by changing it back to *.addin and restarting Revit. A real pity that Revit does not have an interface to exclude these tabs (like with their User Interface Options), as they can take over the ribbon. 

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7

yes, very helpful. thanks

Message 6 of 7
pbC5Q6C

This still works in Revit LT 2022.

I tried to install the Nicety addin: https://apps.autodesk.com/en/Publisher/PublisherHomepage?ID=200809200165377

Each time I open Revit the add-in asked to open? But not able to use in Revit LT - same problem in Revit LT 2021 and Revit LT 2020

Message 7 of 7
Jason_Miller3

CTC tools was my culprit for Revit 2022. I went here C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2022 and changed CTC-BIM-Project-Suite.addin to CTC-BIM-Project-Suite.addoff. And DYnamo worked fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report