Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Licensing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
George Crawford
438 Views, 1 Reply

Remote Licensing

Hi,

Revit used to have a licensing feature where, if you had a stand alone license, you could obtain a remote license for a home or mobile computer. I've downloaded, installed and licensed 6.0 on my main office machine, and downloaded and installed 6.0 on my home machine, but I can't register 6.0 from my home machine.

Does Revit still allow this remote license option? If so, any tips on how to get a remote license for my home machine? I've contacted my reseller and Autodesk but they both say I should contact the other.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: George Crawford

Yes! Are you updating from Revit 5.1 or Revit 5.1L. If Revit 5.1 you need separate requests codes for each system along with the serial number you received from Autodesk. The request codes for any REvit installation on a computer can be found in the file LicenseErrorLog.txt found in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit 6.0 folder. After that you must follow the web registration process and enter the exact information for the license holder name or company and any other pertinent information regarding the licensed copy registration, including email address, passwords, etc., etc. etc. Good Luck -- Mel Persin, Architect-AIA Network/CAD Consultant, Support & Training "George Crawford" wrote in message \Programnews:29280050.1073687551761.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > Revit used to have a licensing feature where, if you had a stand alone license, you could obtain a remote license for a home or mobile computer. I've downloaded, installed and licensed 6.0 on my main office machine, and downloaded and installed 6.0 on my home machine, but I can't register 6.0 from my home machine. > > Does Revit still allow this remote license option? If so, any tips on how to get a remote license for my home machine? I've contacted my reseller and Autodesk but they both say I should contact the other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report