Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remodel Confusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vanderloo5
173 Views, 3 Replies

Remodel Confusion

Hi,
I recently finished a residential remodel plan for a client and after pricing out the work he decided to abort and redesign a more budget friendly plan. So I started by going in and changing all walls to be removed to stay, (in the existing floor plan) and I completely eliminated the "new floor plan". Problem is, all the walls that were in the new floor plan are still there in 3d view. Why wouldn't they go away when the new floor plan was eliminated? What is the easiest way to keep the existing floor plan, site, foundation, and start from scratch?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
melarch
in reply to: vanderloo5

Removing a view does not remove the model elements displaying in the view. You will have to select all the new walls and other new components and delete them. I wish the Filter Selection button could separate the elements selected by phasing. It would make a task as you are working on much easier.

Mel Persin, aia
Mel Persin, aia
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

As Mel indicated, you need to delete the actual walls. Deleting the view has no impact.

While there is no filter available to select only New stuff, it can be done. Make a duplicate of your 3D view. Change it's view properties to have a phase filter of "Show New" and a phase of "New Construction". Now all that will be visible is new stuff. In the 3D view, window select everything and hit delete. Or, if you only wanted to delete the new walls, use the filter button before hitting delete to select only walls.

Michael Schwartz
Message 4 of 4
vanderloo5

Ya Mike, I did figure this out after my post but I did it in the existing construction view. Changed view properties to new construction and show new. Thanks for your reply and, hopefully this posting will benefit others.
Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report