Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remaming Families including nested Families

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
yorick_lieffering
181 Views, 1 Reply

Remaming Families including nested Families

I have received a Revit library from an old colleague. This library has a lot of families but the families all have names where the company name is included in the family name. I changed a couple of those families however almost all families have nested families that also have the company name included in the family name and that will take a lot of time.

I am looking for a more time saving method where it is possible to export all family names (including nested family names) to an excell file and than change the names and than import it again into Revit.

Who is able to help me with that?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Sorry Yorick, I highly doubt you will get an answer from the community on this one. A lot of companies are spending an immense amount of time, money and effort to create their company content. Ethically (and sometimes legally), the content is the originating company's property (unless agreed otherwise). Make sure that there are no copyright conditions or end-user agreements on those families of your colleague, otherwise you might get sued for "stealing" intellectual property. It has happended before... 

http://revitrecess.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report