Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflecting Ceiling Plan in Plan View

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
alex60
5451 Views, 7 Replies

Reflecting Ceiling Plan in Plan View

Hi every one, I have searched in the forum about this issue but I did not found an answer. I am working in a project where I need to represent the reflecting ceiling edges in the plan view. I  put the first floor plan as underlay, and selected the RCP projection but I don't see the dropped ceiling lines to select them with the linework command. I have done every thing possible with the view range but I don't see the lines. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks in advance, Alex

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: alex60

Most likely, the Great Room is a double-height space, therefore the ceiling is above Level 2. Then, set Underlay = Level 2, and Orientation = RCP.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
alex60
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Sorry but that great room is not a double-height space, but has a dropped ceiling that I need to represent in the floor plan.

Thanks, Alex

Message 4 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

It would be good to see a section through the Great Room, showing the ceiling.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
alex60

Ok, you can see the attached images with the  building sections

thanks, Alex

Message 6 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

In the first floor view, set Underlay = Garage Beam, Orientation = Reflected Ceiling.

In your previous post, it was not possible to know that you had other intermediate levels in between first and second floor. That causes issues with the Underlay.

Message 7 of 8
alex60

Thank you Alfredo, It worked, but I also want to know if I can represent the ceiling lines only modifying the view range in the plan view. 

Thanks Alex

Message 8 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

ah, I knew it would work this time. 🙂  Please mark the solution.

About your question, the answer is no; and the reason is this: the orientation of the View Range for a floor plan view is always looking down the Cut Plane height. In order to see the edge of the ceiling just by View Range, you would need to move the Cut Plane above 10 feet, and the top plane above 10 feet, which, yes, will show you the edge of the ceiling, but, will hide all your windows and doors (and other objects) from the view, creating an incorrect, or useless, first floor plan view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report