Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflected floor in ground plan

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ssoonets
810 Views, 2 Replies

Reflected floor in ground plan

Hi:

I'm really new in Revit, so maybe this is a silly question. I have a two story house, and I have a double height space.

In the ground floor I should see in hidden lines the border of the second floor. It does not happen, and I cannot found anything similar in the help pr in this discussion group. All the suggestions are related whit the ceiling plan, but I do not have a ceiling.

What should I do?

Thank you,

Silvia

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aghis_no
in reply to: ssoonets

Revit does not have overhead representation, but there are several ways you can deal with that.

The most common is to use the second floor plan as an underlay. (You can do that in the properties palette when the ground floor view is active). This will underlay the second floor plan in gray. Then using the "linework tool" you will select the lines you want to have in the ground floor plan and you can assign them a special line style (let's say "overhead"). When you will remove the underlay and the lines will stay and refresh any future changes of the second level geometry.

A simple tutorial can be found here: http://insidethefactory.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/linework.html

regards

aghis

Message 3 of 3
ssoonets
in reply to: aghis_no

TSmiley Wink

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This worked perfectly.

Silvia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report