Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFLECTED CEILING PLAN

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wolverine01
2498 Views, 5 Replies

REFLECTED CEILING PLAN

Refleted ceiling plan.

I am trying to establish what the best method for creating a reflected ceiling plan. I have a number of roof conditions within the drawing, if you were inside looking up to the ceiling.

In the great room i have a cethedral ceiling with exposed rafters. In the kitchen i have a normal flat ceiling and then in the bedroom we have a tray ceiling.

The only way i can think of doing this is a dumb way. And thet is basically drawing within 2D the line of the tray ceiling and all the rafters. There must be a better way to do this as we are dumplincating the info that has already been drawing in the model.

Can any body shed any light on how best to carry out a reflected ceiling plan.

REFLECTED CEILING.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Have you tried creating a ceiling plan and adjusting the view range settings. I'd start with a cut offset of 6'-0" and and top offset high enough to show the highest ceiling. The lower ceilings should hide the roof and framing above them.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 6

Hi, i have done it and what i get is just the pattern view of the roof, i dont get the view of the rafters wich is what i want to see. 

Is there a way that the rafters canbe shown?

here is an image of what i got.

REFLECTED CEILING 2.jpg

thanks.

Message 4 of 6
arunag
in reply to: wolverine01

Hi, The ceiling plans had structural framing off in the visibility graphics in my test files, so just check that out.

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 5 of 6

As the other reply suggests, just verify that their category is visible by checking the Visibility/Graphics settings.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 6 of 6

thank you very much. problem resolved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report