Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

References not found in Arrayed Items within a Family

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
paul.ashley
479 Views, 5 Replies

References not found in Arrayed Items within a Family

With some help obtained in another thread, I'm pretty close to finishing a family for an exterior trellis element (attached).  The problem now is that the arrayed support pieces cannot be dimensioned to their centerlines except for the first two items in the array - the items used to establish the array.  Any support pieces beyond that can only be dimensioned to their faces - Revit sees no centerline.  Is this a "feature" of arrays or have I constructed the family incorrectly?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: paul.ashley

Try including a Reference Line (not Plane) in the arrayed Group.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Jason_S

Add a line or Reference Line to the Array by editing the group and adding an object.

This will give you a snap point for the dimensions.

Message 4 of 6
paul.ashley
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I tried a model line and that worked but the reference line idea is better since it isn't seen.  I added it to the family of the item to be dimensioned but I may try adding it to the array itself to see if there's a difference in how the tow solutions work.

It still seems odd, though, that the references are lost beyond the initial elements of the array.  Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 6
Jason_S

I use Invisible symbolic lines also to do that same thing.

Message 6 of 6
paul.ashley
in reply to: Jason_S

Thanks for all the help.  It's working fine now and I've learned something new.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report