Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference planes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1334 Views, 6 Replies

reference planes

Does anybody else wonder why you can't offset a reference plane? Doesn't that seem one of the most
useful tools for building up reference planes.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

just copy them. or you can draw a ref plane at an offset distance "stevewor" wrote in message news:12894460.1106103709759.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Does anybody else wonder why you can't offset a reference plane? Doesn't > that seem one of the most > useful tools for building up reference planes.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

upon further investigation...you can offset ref planes. I had forgotten the difference when I responded last. Don't use the Offset tool from the toolbar. Instead, select Ref Plane from the Basics menu. When selected, the Options bar changes, select the "arrow" for Ref Planes by picking rather than drawing. There will then be an option to set the offset distance. Now you can offset Ref Planes a specified distance by picking. "stevewor" wrote in message news:12894460.1106103709759.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Does anybody else wonder why you can't offset a reference plane? Doesn't > that seem one of the most > useful tools for building up reference planes.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Scott,

Although I quite often like to come back to ref planes later
and would like to be able to offset then.

But hey nothings perfect!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

you can still come back later and offset ref planes with the process above. its just an offset tool from within the ref plane tool, not the offset tool from the toolbar. "stevewor" wrote in message news:8695972.1106191123568.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks Scott, > > Although I quite often like to come back to ref planes later > and would like to be able to offset then. > > But hey nothings perfect!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

finally I get it!!!
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Alright,

I realize what you are saying.
And would it be true that you use reference planes all the time to build up a plan - elevation etc.

Therefore why wouldn't tools like center points of that reference plane function any longer.
I find I still end up using drafting lines half the time for construction lines, because all the usual selection techniqes apply.

But at the end of the day I'd rather use reference planes because they are not view specific.

Thanks
Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report