Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference or link sheets from other model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1758 Views, 3 Replies

reference or link sheets from other model

i have a project that is 2 seperate buildings, 2 seperate files but will be bid as one project. can i link the sheets in from one file to the other so i dont have to recreate sheets just to get them to show up in my sheet schedule

in lieu of making blank sheets in the 1 file named the same as sheets in the other file so they will schedule, i would rather link or refernce them in to save time.....

any help is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot directly link the Sheets into the host Project, but you can include them in the Sheet Index. Open the Host Project's Sheet Index and go to Properties » Fields tab. Check the box for "Include elements in linked files".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

what if im not linking the other file in? its basically sister buildings on seperate sites across the street but they are being bid and constructed as one project, but im am building them seperatly to aviod huge file sizes....

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

The only other method I can immediately think of (to keep this automated) would be to create a dedicated Project file for the Sheet Index, which both of the other Project would be linked into.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report