Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular and circular revision cloud

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bireshwar.mallick
7628 Views, 7 Replies

Rectangular and circular revision cloud

Is it possible in revit to draw a revision cloud having rectangular and circular shape as we do it in the case of autocad.

Bireshwar
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

This is not possible.  To place a revision cloud in Revit you must click multiple times around the revised elements to create the cloud.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 8

It may be kind of silly, but what I have done to make such shapes is to draw the line with Detail Lines, and then draw the Revision Cloud along those segments, as it will snap to them. Then delete the Detail Lines afterwards.

Also, after I have created a long, straight segment of Revision Cloud lines, I often copy the Sketch Lines to clipboard, and then when I start the next Rev Cloud, I can paste multiple segments of Sketch Lines and piece them together. This really helps when creating large Revision Clouds.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: bireshwar.mallick

Hi!!,

Can some will tel me how to create/insert Rectangular and circular revision cloud in Revit using revit api in C#.Net
Message 5 of 8

But, if the revision cloud is with the shape of a cloud, and that is the common practice, and apparently, even that can be misunderstood by some unexperienced contractors (if this image below is true), imagine if we change the revision cloud to be a circle or a square, that might be understood as something else.

6-22-2013 12-47-03 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 8
jkarben
in reply to: bireshwar.mallick

Agree Alfredo. A revision cloud needs to standout. It should not be straight and the arcs should not be small. The intent of a revision cloud is to stand out so it can be easily found amongst the rest of the drawing. It's not suppose to hide amongst the drawing.
Message 7 of 8
peter.menken
in reply to: loboarch

@loboarch wrote:

This is not possible.  To place a revision cloud in Revit you must click multiple times around the revised elements to create the cloud.

Well, the AutoCAD clouding capability should definitely be added to the wishlist for future Revit versions! It sounds very backwards and poor customer service that within one company Autodesk can't add one and one together and integrate valuable features from their previous flagship product into another one. Imagine a car manufacturer telling you that you can't have central locking on a new model "because no one has asked for it yet for this model". Very confused about this artificial Revit hype when talking about BIM.

Message 8 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: peter.menken

@peter.menken wrote:

@loboarch wrote:

Well, the AutoCAD clouding capability should definitely be added to the wishlist for future Revit versions! It sounds very backwards and poor customer service that within one company Autodesk can't add one and one together and integrate valuable features from their previous flagship product into another one. Imagine a car manufacturer telling you that you can't have central locking on a new model "because no one has asked for it yet for this model". Very confused about this artificial Revit hype when talking about BIM.

Consider your wish granted, if you are using the 2015 release.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report