Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS point cloud quality in Revit 2014

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Roujin
346 Views, 0 Replies

RCS point cloud quality in Revit 2014

Hi all,

I have an RCS file which has been exported from Recap with a 1mm grid spacing. When I appended the point cloud into Navisworks, all was good the point cloud displayed as expected.

When I linked the point cloud into Revit however, the quality of the cloud being displayed seems much lower. In addition to a lower point density, the points themselves are huge and seem to be arranged into vertical lines. I checked in plan, elevation and section views just to make sure its not something that's only happening in 3D views, and it's the same in all of them. It would be almost impossible to model from the cloud the way it is currently displayed.

Has anyone encountered this sort of issue before? There don't appear to be any settings in Revit that control the display of point clouds (although hopefully I am wrong about that).

I have attached a screenshot showing the issue, on the left is how the cloud shows in Revit, on the right is the same cloud in Navisworks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report