Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Images Do Not Plot

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
MaddCatter
13757 Views, 18 Replies

Raster Images Do Not Plot

I use a raster image (JPG) on my title block for the Company Logo. This all worked fine in Revit 2009. Since I installed 2010 the logo no longer prints. I have tried other images and even converted it to a TIF.

It does not seem to be linked to any one printer. I have tried plotting on a HP Plotter, HP Laser Jet, Sharp Printer/ Copier, and even to a PDF. All have the same result. No Logo.

I can not find a solution, If anyone out there has one please help ! ! ! ! !
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: MaddCatter

Not sure what is going on, I have not had any problems in printing title
blocks with jpeg logos to a printers or as PDF's. What operating system are
you using? Revit 2010 worked fine for me in both Windows XP Pro 32 and Win 7
Pro 64.

"MaddCatter" wrote in message news:6358840@discussion.autodesk.com...
> I use a raster image (JPG) on my title block for the Company Logo. This
> all worked fine in Revit 2009. Since I installed 2010 the logo no longer
> prints. I have tried other images and even converted it to a TIF.
>
> It does not seem to be linked to any one printer. I have tried plotting
> on a HP Plotter, HP Laser Jet, Sharp Printer/ Copier, and even to a PDF.
> All have the same result. No Logo.
>
> I can not find a solution, If anyone out there has one please help ! ! ! !
> !
Message 3 of 19
MaddCatter

I am using XP Pro 32 .
I have sent the file to someone else and they were able to print it with out any problems.
So I am thinking I have a switch that needs to be enabled or dis. or I need to look for a driver update.
Message 4 of 19
FWBArch

I'm having the same problem. If I plot to our HP plotter, I do not get the logo. If I plot to a PDF or to a printer, the logo appears. I think it might be something to do with either the driver for the HP DesignJet, or the memory in the HP. I'm wondering if the HP does not have enough memory to plot both the vector and the raster portions?

Michael
Message 5 of 19
MaddCatter

I found that I do have the logo on the PDF and On my HP Laser and on the Sharp output. However the HP 4000 does not print the logo.

When ever I do the print preview the logo doesn't show up on any of the preview plots.

I have printed the page on another computer, 32 Vista OS. We had the same thing show up on that station.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:58:27 -0700, FWBArch <> wrote:

>I'm having the same problem. If I plot to our HP plotter, I do not get the logo. If I plot to a PDF or to a printer, the logo appears. I think it might be something to do with either the driver for the HP DesignJet, or the memory in the HP. I'm wondering if the HP does not have enough memory to plot both the vector and the raster portions?

We ran into a similar problem. We have a KIP plotter. It has two
printer driver options: Postscript and HPGL. We found that the raster
image would not print when we used the HPGL option. But it would
print with the Postscript option.

I would make sure you have the very latest printer driver for your
plotter. If that doesn't work, see if it supports any other printer
languages. And if that isn't an option, you may need to print to PDF
and then send the PDF to the plotter.

Regards,
Ken
Message 7 of 19
mom2jtnaj

I am an instructional assistant at Cosumnes River Collage, a community college in Sacramento, CA. We have occasionally run across this issue as well. We teach with Revit Architecture 2010, both at beggining and intermediate levels, as well as AutoCAD Architecture 2009.

We have determined that the "raster images" will only print one way.

1. From the Print dialog box, click on the 'Set Up' button in the Settings area (in the lower right corner).
2. Now in the Print Setup dialog box, in the Hidden Line Views area, ensure the radio button is selected for 'Raster Processing.'

For us and our students, this seems to be the fix.

Good luck and Happy Raster printing!!
Message 8 of 19
edugarge

I have the same problem with raster images, they do not plot.

I try the Raster processing option as you said but it does not work for me.

I am using Revit Structure 2011, Windows 7 64bit and HP DesignJet 110 plus...

Both, Revit and the HP previews are perfect.

When I use another printer, the output is ok. But I need to print with the HP because it prints at A2 format!

Do you have any other idea to solve my problem?

Message 9 of 19
ryan.duell
in reply to: edugarge

Please see the following technical solution, which typically resolves the issue for HP Plotters:
Images drop out when printing to HP plotters from Revit 2010 products
Thank you,

Please see the following technical solution, which typically resolves the issue for HP Plotters:

Images drop out when printing to HP plotters from Revit 2010 products

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id= TS13666326

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 10 of 19
edugarge
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thank you! It works perfect!

For next issues I will search better in the KB.

Regards from Argentina!

Message 11 of 19
tsmaia

any advice for a 2011 user? i believe autodesk removed the spool smart otion in this version (among many other things that were useful in older versions). i started with a jpg on the Sheet (it is a site map) then i moved it to a View. then i changed it to a bmp. i switched from vector processing to raster and tried printing to a pdf all to no avail.

Message 12 of 19
ryan.duell
in reply to: tsmaia

The SpoolSmart option should be on your HP Printer Driver options; it is not related to Revit but how the spooling process functions on the printer itself.
Thank you,

The SpoolSmart option should be on your HP Printer Driver options; it is not related to Revit but how the spooling process functions on the printer itself.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 13 of 19
tsmaia

oh thanks. but i just realized that i'm using a Canon. any advice on that and adobe pdf?

Message 14 of 19
pvillella
in reply to: edugarge

Don't feel bad about not finding the article Ryan pointed you to when you searched the KB the first time. While these articles are usually very concise and helpful, they are usually not written in such a way that search engines find them very easily, at least in the way most of us search.

It would be really helpful if the authors of these Knowledge Base articles added an extra sentance or two, or keywords so that search engines would find them as easily as they find posts like these in the forums.

The KB article is entitled 'Images Drop Out..." - not exactly the phrase most people probably use when they are running into this problem. Naming it 'Raster images disappear...", "images don't print..." or something along those lines would have helped the KB article to appear higher in search results, thus being found more quickly and easily by users affected by this issue.

The KB article solved my client's issue completely, but I only found it thanks to Ryan's crosslink in this thread.

Advice to Autodesk support team: Try to think about how a frustrated user may actually search for an issue they are experincing and include those terms in the article so that search engines will find the article and make it easier for customers to help themselves. It's basically SEO to help users help themselves.

Patrick

Patrick  Villella, LEED AP
AEC Technical Consultant

Message 15 of 19
saifeeab

I have a similar problem but in a unique way. I have logo images that are on a background shaded region (for presentation) on the title block. But even though the images are in the foreground they still do not show up when I load the title block into the project. I have tried all options that I could try but the shaded region overlaps on the images always. Without the shaded region the images print fine. So how do I have both the shaded region and the images and still have the images show up correctly on the region. Any Help please.

Message 16 of 19
ryan.duell
in reply to: saifeeab

The following method may help; try moving the filled regions to annotation families:

1.  Start a new Revit generic annotation family.

2.  Cut & paste the filled region[s] into the generic annotation family.

3.  Load the generic annotation family into the title block family.

While it may look incorrect in the title block, load it into the project to test visibility \ printing.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 17 of 19
ryan.duell

Message 18 of 19
saifeeab

Hi Ryan,

I tried your method and unfortunately it still does not work. The shaded region is loaded as a family in my title block but it still overlaps the images. I also tried loading it into the project and it displays the same way there and while printing too.

Any other ideas. Thanx

Message 19 of 19
saifeeab

Actually trying further I realized that your method works with model lines on the title block but does not work with inserted images (logos). I have few logos (jpegs) inserted in the title and they still do not display even with your work around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report